Software Engineering Manager
Due to exciting business growth, Serial Affinity is looking to appoint a Software Engineering Manager to join our team on a full-time basis at their Tech HQ in Finnieston, Glasgow.
In this role, you will be working under the Head of Software Engineering and alongside other Software Engineering Managers, you will be a key part of the organisation’s success by growing and developing the existing software development team, contributing to the organisation’s technical strategy and providing a hands-on approach to building software.
It is expected that around 40-60% of time will be spent on management responsibilities with the remainder or technical work within your area of expertise.
- Be responsible for the success of the software development team.
- Grow a highly skilled team of software engineers through recruitment and internal development.
- Provide leadership and motivation to the team members to achieve team goals.
- Take ownership of team one to ones, PDPs, appraisals and line management.
- Actively mentor and guide team members, understanding their objectives and helping to achieve them.
- Champion the adoption of best practices and processes in areas such as development, testing, CI/CD and release management.
- Be hands on with the technical side performing code reviews, providing guidance and implementation.
- Contribute to the technical strategy and support it’s adoption throughout the team.
- Contribute to solutions design, implementation and delivery where appropriate.
- Engage with internal stakeholders such as the leadership team, project/product management and operations.
- Manage project resourcing, team member allocation/reallocation based on requirements, skills and workload.
- Experience in managing and building technical teams (including remote).
- Previously been a Software Engineer preferably at Senior and/or Solutions Architect level.
- A natural recruiter, being able to spot candidates who not only meet the technical requirements but also are the best fit overall for the team and organisational culture.
- Excellent people management and communication skills with the ability to build good working partnerships and effective multi-disciplinary teams.
- Flexible working environment (Fully remote/5 days office based or a part blended model)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Enhanced company pension scheme.
- Private medical insurance.
- Nuffield gym membership.
- Annual training and development budget.
- £60,000 – £70,000
Be one of us